Effective 1 June 2018
- Your rights and preferences as a User
- Information we collect
- How we share your information
- How we protect the information we collect
- Your choices regarding the information we collect
- Transfer of data to other countries
- Interest-based advertising
- Links to other websites
- Contacting us
This Policy sets out the essential information with regard to your personal data collected by Aladdin Group of Companies. The Policy applies to all services and associated services (referred to as AladdinStreet Service).
The purpose of Aladdin Group of Companies furnishing you with this policy is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way on how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
2. Your rights and preferences as a User
A new European Union law called the General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" accords certain rights to individuals with regard to the personal data they submit.
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to File Complaints – the right to file complaints with a Data Protection Officer should you find it necessary;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object –
i) the right to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation at any time;
Ii) the right to object to your personal data being processed for marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service;
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect;
- Right to View – the right to view your personal data.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how AladdinStreet Service uses your personal data, we are providing you with a dedicated hotline to our Data Protection Officer at:
Phone (International): +1(855)515-5211
Our Data Protection Officer helps you identify and control what information Aladdin Group of Companies has received from you and how it processes your personal data. You have the right to opt out of receiving certain messages from Aladdin Group of Companies. If we send you electronic marketing messages with your consent you may, at any time, withdraw such consent or declare your objection (“opt-out”) at no cost. The electronic marketing messages you receive from Aladdin Group of Companies will include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself, for instance, an unsubscribe link in an e-mail.
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity. If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also contact and are free to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
3. Information we collect
We collect and store information that you have provided to us through our Site, mobile applications, and/or in our stores. For instance, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, create a list, write a review, and/or use any of our services.
Your information which will be collected by us may include but is not limited to the following: -
- Your name;
- Your mailing address;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your phone number;
- Your credit card number and other payment information;
- Credit application information;
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product or service preferences;
A. Information from Other Sources:
The information also includes information that you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact information of friends or family pick up person. We may have also received information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and to identify new customers.
B. Automated Online Information Collection:
We receive and store all information you enter on our Site or through other medium. This information includes your IP address, browsing behaviour while on our website, browser and device characteristics, and referring URLs. This information is collected and stored using the technology of Cookies (“Cookies”). Cookies are small bits of information that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device. This permits us to provide user-centric features such as personalized advertisements on other websites and storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
C. Location Information:
Our website and mobile applications may collect certain information on you such as the type of mobile device you are using. To allow any application to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device's settings to allow the use of technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower position, or other technologies. The Company has no control over your device's settings.
D. E-mail Communications:
Whenever necessary, we may send e-mails to your registered e-mail address to communicate with you. We will receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
E. How we use the information we collect
Your personal information provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the Aladdin Group of Companies (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners).
The information we have collected shall be used by the Aladdin Group of Companies including but not limited to the usage of: -
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information;
- Tracking and confirming online orders;
- Delivery for the products;
- Establishing and managing your accounts;
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys;
- Identifying you on our Sites;
- Facilitating interactions with the Company and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend or other Users;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business;
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
4. How we share your information
Aladdin Group of Companies does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties. If you provide information to any of the businesses, stores or websites owned or operated by the Aladdin Group of Companies, this information may be combined or shared among the Aladdin Group of Companies including affiliates, subsidiaries, service provider and/or consultants and they will be governed by each of their respective privacy policies, as applicable.
We may share your information with third parties (including logistics companies, merchants, any service providers) to perform necessary services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders;
- Delivering packages;
- Servicing products;
- Sending marketing communications to Aladdin Group of Companies;
- Fulfilling subscription services;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Processing credit/debit card payments; and
- Providing chat functions.
In some cases, we may be compelled to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law. We may also share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Aladdin Group of Companies, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
5. How we protect the information we collect
We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. We use a variety of information security measures for the purpose to create layers of fraud or theft protection and risk reduction in order to protect your online transactions with us. However, Aladdin Group of Companies cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us are controlled and blocked from any potential exposure to internet fraud or identity theft that might hijack your account (account takeover fraud). Thus, your usage of the Site is at your own risk.
6. Your choices regarding the information we collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications;
- Update and correct your personal information;
- Deactivate your account; and
- Request removal of content or personal information posted by you from our website, online service, online application, mobile application, blog, or community forum. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
*Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the internet as third parties may retain screen shots on our website pages (e.g., cache files).
7. Transfer of datas to other countries
Aladdin Group of Companies shares your personal data globally with other companies in the Group in order to carry out activities specified in this policy. These include companies in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan and United Kingdom. The list is not exhaustive in nature and will continue to be revised as and when more offices are launched in the near future. Your personal data may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from your country of residence.
8. Interest-based advertising
We use your browsing history and personal information to display interest-based advertising that is relevant to you. We place interest-based advertisements on our Site as well as other third-party sites. The browsing history we use is collected by us and by third parties on our Site, as well as other sites. We may also share your anonymous browsing history from our Site and personal information with third parties to provide relevant advertisements. They may combine this information with assumptions based on the other websites you have visited in order to tailor advertisement to you.
The Site is not intended to be used by minors. If you are under 18, you may use this Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
10. Links to other websites
12. Contacting us
If you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal data/information by Aladdin Group of Companies; or you have any further query; or you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at the number and e-mail below:
Phone (International): +1(855)515-5211